NIHR RfPB Programme Guidance on Applying for Feasibility Studies
Created on Monday, 18 Sep 2017.
The NIHR Research for Patient Benefit (RfPB) programme issued updated guidance on applying for feasibility studies (July 2017). This guidance is essential reading for anyone considering applying to the RfPB Programme for funding for feasibility or pilot studies. The following is covered within the guidance:
- Definition of feasibility vs pilot studies
- Feasibility and pilot studies: which NIHR programme should I apply to?
- RfPB policy on funding feasibility and pilot studies
- Guidance on applying to RfPB for a feasibility or pilot study, including:
- Outline of the proposed follow on full trial
- Key parameters which the feasibility study intends to clarify or estimate
- Progression criteria for a full trial