BAME toolkit toolkit to increase participation in health and social care research
Created on Thursday, 14 Mar 2019.
This toolkit aims to capture such best practice and provide researchers with a framework on how to improve the participation of BAME groups in research.
Use the toolkit to develop more relevant research questions, consider engagement of BAME groups in a more structured way, and provide tips on better participation and dissemination of research findings.
The toolkit covers:
- Section 1: Consideration of the communities which your research needs to involve.
- Section 2: Undertaking effective patient and public involvement (PPI) in research
- Section 3: Conducting effective recruitment in BAME communities
- Section 4: Ensuring cultural competency in the conduct of your research
- Section 5: Providing effective feedback to research participants
- Section 6: Recognising the importance of recruiting BAME communities in research: preparing a grant application
- Top Tips