HTA Expression of Interest webinar
Created on Monday, 01 Dec 2014.
'Expression of Interest' (EoL) form will replace the outline proposal for a 12-month pilot period.
- There are 17,000 characters in the new form.
- Proposals will be prioritised by their importance to the NHS, then presented to the funding board.
- There will be a 9-week turnaround between accepted EoL and full proposal submission (the applicant has the option to defer to the next round if necessary).
- There is a new field to describe the rationale for the research:
- What problem is being addressed?
- Why is it important?
- How it meets specification of the brief?
- How does existing literature support the proposal?
- The form requires less information about estimated costs, public involvement, co-applicants and CTU participation (letter of support is not required).
- HTA will scrutinised all full application costs and any variance from the Eol (costs need to be fully justified, variance explained and value for money demonstrated).
- Despite a smaller section in Eol for public involvement, it is very important that the outcomes of the study are those that matter most to patients!
- Researchers will get similar levels of feedback as they do currently with the outline application.
- Uploads such as flowcharts are still needed!
- Information from the EoL will not be copied to the full application - copy and paste will be needed.