Impact evaluation (Advanced): Understanding options, choices and practice
Created on Tuesday, 14 May 2019.
This is a Social Research Association course on Impact evaluation (cost: £270 full day event). See website for course dates
The course will cover:
- ● The nature of advanced evaluation, how it relates to programme theories and its practical use?
- ● An introduction to different types of ‘advanced’ evaluation – and the principal of proportionality in design.
- ● The governments Magenta-Combined and other practical guidance – and it usefulness for meeting evaluation needs of publicly-funded programmes or initiatives.
- ● The cost-effective use, and combination, of sophisticated evaluation designs - what methods are best suited to what needs and in what circumstances.
- ● Experimental, quasi experimental, and non-experimental methods in understanding attribution and ‘new’ alternative ways of looking at qualitatively assessing causality.
- ● Stakeholder and beneficiary engagement; being aware of and addressing ethical issues in selecting participants.