RDS Public Involvement Workshop (Nottingham)
Wednesday, 12 Oct 2016
Date: 12 October, 12:30 - 4:30pm
Venue: Room C2 Lenton Suite, Kings Meadow Campus, University of Nottingham, Lenton Lane, Nottingham, NG7 2NR
Booking: Reserve a place
This workshop is designed to help researchers plan meaningful and appropriate Public involvement in their research proposals in to improve the overall quality of a bid.
They will give researchers an opportunity to consider Public involvement during bid development and beyond, and help researchers demonstrate this in their application. A member of the public who has actively been involved in a research study will be involved in the workshop, along with RDS staff with PPI expertise.
Two sessions are available:
- One hour general introduction to Public Involvement in research – for those starting to think about a bid and how to involve members of the public from the bid development stage.
- This can act as a standalone session, will cover objectives 1-3 below and researchers can leave at the end of the hour.
- A maximum of 20 people can attend this session.
- Leads directly on from session one.
- Three hour workshop for those actively involved in writing a bid for funding and wanting support with developing active public involvement plans throughout the research cycle.
- An opportunity for tailored discussions around bids in active development. You will be asked to provide a 1 page summary of your research prior to the event.
- Objectives 4-6 will be covered in session 2
- A maximum of 10 people can attend this session