Aim: To support outstanding individuals to become the health research leaders of the future.
Funding: Five levels of NIHR Fellowship award are available:
- Doctoral Research Fellowship
- Postdoctoral Research Fellowship
- Career Development Fellowship
- Senior Research Fellowship
- Transitional Research Fellowship.
Process: Two-stage process. Short-listed applicants will be invited to an interview (interview tips). The process takes 5 months.
Criteria: Applications are assessed on the following criteria:
- the potential and trajectory of the candidate as a researcher and future research leader
- previous experience of research and evidence of commitment to a career in research
- the likelihood that the individual will make a long-term contribution to research development in their chosen field in the UK
- the quality of the proposed research and the likelihood of it securing external funding where appropriate
- the quality of the proposed training programme
- the suitability of the proposed academic and institutional support
- the quality of the proposed research and its suitability as a project
- the appropriateness of resources claimed and whether the total funding requested represents good value for the use of public/NIHR funds.
Website: Fellowships for All
The Trainees Coordinating Centre (TCC) also has other awards available:
- Knowledge Mobilisation Fellowships: KMF
- Integrated Clinical Academic Porgramme: ICA
- Research Professorships: Professorships
- Integrated Academic Training Programme for Doctors and Dentists: IATPDD
- Clinical Trials Fellowships: CTF
- Research Methods Programme: RMP.